Anytime this week:
- Read: Read and discuss the Gospel reading for the upcoming Sunday (2nd Sunday in Lent).
- Tell about a time you knew that Jesus was with you.
- The disciples had a very intense experience of Jesus on the mountain. Have you ever had a religious “mountain top” experience? What was it like for you?
February 22: Celebrate the Feast of the Chair of St. Peter
This special feast honors the office of the Pope and his role as a sign of unity and peace.
- Read: Read about the Feast of the Chair of St. Peter.
- Eat: Gather a variety of food “construction” items (e.g. crackers, cookies, pretzel sticks, peanut butter, cream cheese, and frosting) and create an edible chair. Be creative!
- Pray: Read and reflect on the passage from the Gospel of Matthew where Jesus commissions Peter as the leader of the Church (Matthew 16:13-20) and then, pray for our current leader, Pope Francis.