Anytime this week:
- Read the Gospel.
- What does it mean to “believe in the Gospel”?
- What does it mean to repent? Why do you think Jesus wants us to repent?
- Simon, Andrew, James, and John all left behind their old life to follow Jesus. What are some things/habits we might need to leave behind to better follow Jesus?
January 21: Celebrate St. Agnes
St. Agnes was martyred at age 12 for her faith.
- Read: Read about St. Agnes.
- Eat: Because of the similarity of her name to the Latin word for “lamb” (agnus), the lamb has been St. Agnes’ symbol since the 6th century. Make some simple lamb-decorated cupcakes to enjoy in her honor.
- Pray: Pray this prayer to St. Agnes for the care of young people.
January 22: Observe the Day of Prayer for the Legal Protection of Unborn Children
This day is set aside for prayer, fasting, and almsgiving for the unborn.
- Read: Read more about this day.
- Eat: We are asked to observe penitential fasting on this day. Fast from one meal today.
- Pray: Pray a prayer for Life.
- Do: Find ideas for supporting pregnant and parenting women.