Anytime this week:
- Read: Read and discuss the Gospel reading for the upcoming Sunday (5th Sunday in Ordinary Time).
- Share about a time when you asked Jesus to help someone who was sick.
- Jesus knew that his mission was for everyone. How can you reach out to others (outside of friends and family) and offer them hope?
- If you were going to pray for healing for any reason, what would it be? What needs to be healed in our world and society?
February 2: Celebrate the Feast of the Presentation of the Lord (Candlemas)
“(Jesus is) the light to enlighten them that sit in darkness.”
- Read: Read about the Feast of the Presentation (Candlemas).
- Pray: Read and reflect on the Gospel reading for the day.
- Do: Eat dinner and/or pray by candlelight.
- Eat: Crepes are a traditional meal for the Feast of Candlemas. Plan on having them for one of your meals today.
February 5: Celebrate the Memorial of St. Agatha
St. Agatha was tortured and martyred for her chastity and faith. She is the patron of Sicily and nurses, and a protector against fires.
- Read: Read about St. Agatha.
- Eat: St. Agatha was born and lived in Italy. Enjoy some Italian food in her honor.
- Pray: Pray for St. Agatha’s intercession.
February 6: Celebrate the Memorial of St. Paul Miki and Companions
St. Paul Miki and his companions were missionaries to Japan who were martyred for their faith during a time of Christian persecution. St. Paul Miki is the patron of Japan.
- Read: Read about St. Paul Miki and his companions.
- Eat: Enjoy some Japanese food. Try this fried rice recipe! (The rest of that site has many other great ideas for Japanese food, too.)
- Pray: Pray the Prayer for Persecuted Christians.