Anytime this week:
- Read: Read the Gospel reading for the upcoming Sunday (5th Sunday of Lent).
- The Gospel makes it clear that those who put Jesus first gain eternal life. Is it easy or hard to put Jesus first? Explain your answer.1
- Tell about a time when you “lost your life” (made a sacrifice) for someone else.
- Do: Think about Jesus’ offer of eternal life as you have a hula hoop contest. (A circle is a symbol of eternal life because it has no beginning and no end.) See who can keep a hula hoop spinning the longest around their waist. Come up with other challenges: How many times can you spin it around your arm? Your neck? Your ankle?1
March 17: The Feast of St. Patrick
- Read: Read about St. Patrick.
- Eat: Find several recipes for breads, entrees, desserts, and drinks to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at Catholic Cuisine (scroll down to March 17).
- Pray: Pray a prayer of protection called The Breastplate of St. Patrick.
March 19: The Solemnity of St. Joseph, Spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary
In celebration of the 150th anniversary of Blessed Pope Pius IX’s declaration of St. Joseph as Patron of the Universal Church, Pope Francis has proclaimed this year as the “Year of St. Joseph.” Find more information and resources for celebrating on USCCB.
- Read St. Joseph’s story on Loyola Press.
- Pope Francis’ reflections on St. Joseph in his letter Patris Corde (With a Father’s Heart).
- Eat: Find several recipes for breads, entrees, and drinks to celebrate St. Joseph’s Day at Catholic Cuisine (scroll down the list to March 19).
- taken from https://www.52sundays.com