Anytime this week:
- Read: Read and discuss the Gospel reading for the upcoming Sunday (1st Sunday in Lent).
- The Gospel says that angels ministered to Jesus. Have you ever felt the presence of angels in your life?
- Lent gives us a change to do things differently–to “go to the desert.” How can you make Lent a time for growing in faith?
- What is one area of your life which is in need of reform?
February 14: Celebrate St. Valentine’s Day
- Read: Read about St. Valentine and find activities to celebrate the day.
- Eat: Enjoy some red foods (red is a traditional color for St. Valentine’s Day and also the color of martyrs) or cut/form some foods into heart shapes.
- Pray: Read and reflect on St. Paul’s writing about love (1 Corinthians 12:1-13) and then pray the Act of Love.
- Do: Make St. Valentine’s Day cards to give to family, friends, people in nursing homes, store workers, or random people you meet as you go about your day. Find free printable Bible verse Valentines (with a corresponding treat) here and some other cute saints Valentines here.
- Bonus: This is an excellent book about St. Valentine and his brotherly love.