Week of November 29 through December 5, 2020.
Anytime this week
- Read and discuss the Gospel reading for the upcoming Sunday (Second Week of Advent).
November 30: Celebrate St. Andrew
- Read: Read about St. Andrew’s life here.
- Eat: Because St. Andrew was a fisherman, enjoy some fish for dinner.
- Pray: Pray the Christmas Anticipation Prayer.
- Bonus: More food ideas from Catholic Cuisine.
December 3rd: Celebrate St. Francis Xavier
St. Francis Xavier was one of the first Jesuits and a great missionary to Asia.
- Read: Read about St. Francis Xavier here.
- Eat: Enjoy this Tempura recipe in honor of St. Francis Xavier’s missions in Asia.
- Pray: Pray the Daily Examen, a prayer developed by St. Ignatius of Loyola, the founder of the Jesuits.
December 5th: Prepare for St. Nicholas’ feast day
- If you plan to observe the St. Nicholas Day visit tradition, have your children set out their shoes or socks before going to bed tonight. Learn more about this tradition here.