February 17: Celebrate Ash Wednesday
Ash Wednesday is the beginning of the Lenten season.
- Watch: Watch the brief video, Lent In Three Minutes, to learn about Ash Wednesday and the season of Lent.
- Eat: Fast and abstain from meat today.
- Pray: Attend Mass in person or online.
- Do: Plan how you will pray, fast, and give during this Lenten season. Check these resources for ideas:
- Try the “1-1-1” plan.
- Complete a printable planning sheet and post it somewhere in your home as a daily reminder of your commitment.
- Check out Your Guide To A Catholic Lent: Everything you need for a more spiritual Lent at SimplyCatholic.com.