Anytime this week:
- Read the Gospel reading for the upcoming Sunday (5th Sunday of Easter).
- In what way does the story of the vine and the branches describe your relationship with Jesus?
- When have you been “pruned” by your experiences in a way that led to greater abundance?
April 25: Good Shepherd Sunday
Good Shepherd Sunday gets its name from the Gospel reading for the day in which Jesus says, “I am the good shepherd.”
- Read more about the imagery of the good shepherd.
- Eat: Make Shepherd’s Pie and top off the meal with a lamb-themed dessert.
- Pray Psalm 23.
- Do: Enjoy some family time making simple sheep crafts with supplies found around the house.
April 28: Feast of St. Gianna Beretta Molla
St. Gianna was an Italian pediatrician and is a modern day saint.
- Read and/or Watch a video about St. Gianna.
- Eat: Enjoy some of your favorite Italian food in honor of St. Gianna.
- Pray a prayer for St. Gianna’s intercession.
- Do: St. Gianna began working with the St. Vincent de Paul Society at an early age. Learn about the work of the Des Moines chapter of the St. Vincent de Paul Society.
April 29: Memorial of St. Catherine of Siena
St. Catherine Siena, Doctor of the Church, is a saint who worked to heal the Church during a time when it was divided.
- Read about St. Catherine of Siena.
- Eat: Enjoy some Italian food in honor of St. Catherine.
- Pray a prayer by St. Catherine of Siena.