Lent is a 40-day season of prayer, fasting, and almsgiving that begins on Ash Wednesday and ends at sundown on Holy Thursday. It’s a period of preparation to celebrate the Lord’s Resurrection at Easter.
During Lent, we seek the Lord in prayer by reading Sacred Scripture; we serve by giving alms; and we practice self-control through fasting. We are called not only to abstain from luxuries during Lent, but to a true inner conversion of heart as we week to follow Christ’s will more faithfully.1
Learn More About Lent
- Watch the brief video, Lent in Three Minutes.
- Read the blog post, “What Is Lent? (Nearly) Everything You Want To Know”
- Read the blog post, “Your Guide To A Catholic Lent: Everything You Need For A More Spiritual Lent”
Make A Lenten Plan
Plan how you will pray, fast, and give during this Lenten season. Check out these resources for ideas:
- Read the blog post, “7 Ways To Have A Really Good Lent” for ideas.
- Try the “1-1-1” plan.
- Complete a printable planning sheet and post it as a daily reminder of your commitment.