Anytime this week:
- Read the Gospel reading for the upcoming Sunday (3rd Sunday of Easter).
- What questions do you have about Jesus?
- Share about a time when you were troubled and turned to Jesus.
April 11: Divine Mercy Sunday
In 1931, Jesus appeared to Sr. Faustina in Poland and expressed his desire for a feast celebrating his mercy. The Feast of Mercy was to be on the Sunday after Easter and was to include a public blessing and liturgical veneration of His image with the inscription “Jesus, I trust in You.”
- Read about Sr. Faustina and Divine Mercy Sunday.
- Eat: Enjoy Divine Mercy sundaes.
April 16: Feast of St. Bernadette Soubirous
St. Bernadette Soubirous was a young girl when the Blessed Virgin Mary appeared to her in Lourdes, France.
- Read about St. Bernadette and Mary’s appearances to her.
- Read about St. Bernadette, Mary’s messages to her, and miracles that have taken place at Lourdes (click on The Fundamentals).
- Pray: Click here to find several prayers to Mary, Our Lady of Lourdes.
- Eat: Enjoy some French food in honor of St. Bernadette.
- Watch a video tour of the site where Mary appeared to St. Bernadette.
- Watch The Song of Bernadette, an Academy-Award winning feature-length film about St. Bernadette. Available on YouTube and other places (just search in your search engine).