Volunteers are needed to deliver Meals on Wheels on April 27-May 1 from 10:45 a.m.-noon. See our website for details. Contact Laura Hollinrake if you’d like to help.
Meals on Wheels Volunteer Instructions During the Coronavirus Pandemic:
MEAL PICK UP: Pick up the meals from the ramp in the alley behind the senior center (308 E. Montgomery, Knoxville).
MEAL DELIVERY: Volunteers should NOT enter homes to deliver meals.
- Put the meal on the table or chair the recipient placed outside near their door for this purpose.
- Loudly knock on the door or ring the doorbell
- Step back 6 feet from the door and wait for the recipient to pick up the meal.
- If the recipient doesn’t come to the door, repeat steps 2 and 3.
- If the recipient still doesn’t come to the door, return the meal to the senior center and report that the recipient didn’t respond.
**Please use provided hand sanitizer to sanitize hands before and after delivery of each meal**